Drug Crime Defense Lawyer In Minneapolis
A fourth-degree drug crime charge can result in a conviction with serious consequences. These consequences involve prison time and serious fines. If you have been accused of a fourth-degree drug crime, it’s important to secure the representation of an experienced drug crime lawyer in Minneapolis as soon as possible.
The sooner you make contact with your defense attorney, the sooner work begins on your case. The evidence is fresh and so are the minds of any witnesses. You don’t want to delay because you have rights that need to be protected.
Fighting Drug Crime Charges
A person may be charged with a fourth-degree drug crime if they are accused of any of the following:
- Unlawfully selling one or more controlled substance mixtures classified as a Schedule I, II, or II, except Tetrahydrocannabinol or marijuana
- Unlawfully selling one or more controlled substance mixture classified as a Schedule IV or V to a person under 18 years of age
- Conspiring to employ someone under the age of 18 to unlawfully sell a Schedule IV or V controlled substance
- Unlawfully selling any amount of Tetrahydrocannabinol or marijuana in a park zone, school zone, public housing zone, or drug treatment facility, with the exception of a small amount
A person may be accused of being in possession if any of the following occur:
- Unlawfully possessing one or more controlled substance mixture containing a hallucinogen or phencyclidine that is packaged in dosage units that equal 10 or more units
- Unlawfully possessing one or more controlled substance mixtures of a Schedule I, II, or III drug with the intent to sell, excluding Tetrahydrocannabinol or marijuana
Advocating For Your Future
If convicted of a fourth-degree drug crime, the prison term can be up to 15 years and the fines up to $100,000. If the conviction is a subsequent drug crime conviction, then the prison term can be up to 30 years and the fines up to $100,000.
The goal is to avoid as many of the penalties as possible, if not completely. With the right drug crime defense lawyer in Minneapolis by your side, you have a chance at reduced or even dismissed charges. Jennifer Speas has helped many people throughout Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the Twin Cities find the right path to a better future.
Contact A Drug Crime Defense Lawyer In Minneapolis
Being accused of a drug crime is very serious. Even if it isn’t the most significant of drug crimes, your future can still be heavily impacted. If you have been charged with a fourth-degree drug crime, it’s imperative to speak to an attorney as soon as possible. To learn more about how the Speas Law Firm, P.A. can help you, call 612-333-6160 to request a initial consultation.