Minneapolis Third-Degree Drug Crime Defense Lawyer
Have you or one of your loved ones been charged with a 3rd-degree drug crime? If so, you could be facing some serious repercussions. While the most important thing would be to first obtain the counsel of an experienced Minnesota defense attorney, perhaps equally important would be to understand the crime itself. According to the United States law, 3rd-degree drug crimes can be broken into two different categories; Possession crimes and Sales crimes.
Minnesota 3rd Degree Drug Crimes: Knowing The Difference
While drug sales crimes and possession crimes are equally serious, they are each quite different. Some examples of Possession crimes are as follows:
- If, within a 90-day period, you unlawfully obtain one or more combinations weighing a total of 10 grams or more which contain a narcotic substance other than heroin, cocaine or methamphetamine.
- If, within a 90-day period, you unlawfully obtain one or more combinations weighing a total of 3 grams or more which contains heroin, cocaine, or methamphetamine.
- If, within a 90-day period, you unlawfully obtain a Schedule I or Schedule II narcotic substance in any amount, or five or more dosages of LSD, Ecstasy or MDA, which is similar to Ecstasy in a public housing zone, a school zone, a drug treatment facility, or a park zone.
Some examples of 3rd-degree drug sales crimes are as follows:
- If you have unlawfully sold one or more combinations of narcotic substances that contain hallucinogens or phencyclidines, equals 10 or more dosages, and is packaged into single dosages.
- If you have employed or conspired with a child under the age of 18 in order to unlawfully sell one or more combinations that contain controlled substances that are listed under Schedules III, II or I.
- If you have unlawfully sold one or more combinations containing tetrahydrocannabinol or marijuana and reaching a total weight of 5 kilograms or more.
Minneapolis 3rd Degree Drug Crime Lawyer For a Strong Defense
While the situations surrounding 3rd-degree drug crimes can be confusing, having a skilled Minnesota drug crimes lawyer such as Jennifer Speas can help ensure that you receive the best outcome that is possible for your charges. She will explain the charges filed against you, as well as your options for defending your life and your freedom. Drug-related crimes carry with them serious consequences and punishments, especially if you are a repeat offender. Dealing with the charges at hand can help set you on the path to changing your life for the better. If you or a loved one has been charged with a 3rd-degree drug crime, do not waste any more time. Contact Speas Law Firm, P.A. at (612) 333-6160 for your Free Consultation.