Minneapolis Extortion Lawyer & Defense Attorney
The crime of Extortion is defined as in individual acquiring property or money by force. This force can be through property damage, undesirable actions by the government, and even by doing harm to someone else’s reputation. A Minneapolis extortion lawyer can help you avoid serious consequences.
Extortion is not to be confused with robbery, as it is different in that it does not typically pose actual danger to the victim. While the victim usually gives their consent, it is still the result of intimidation. What makes extortion such a serious crime is the fact that the consent has been unlawfully obtained.
If you have been accused of committing extortion, contacting a Minneapolis & St. Paul extortion lawyer is the most important step that you can take. It is essential to be aware of your options, your rights, and to consider all factors involved in your case.
Aggressive Extortion Defense
When an individual is accused of extortion, the consequences can be severe and far-reaching. Not only do you run the risk of serving time in jail, but you could also be looking at large fines, probation, parole, and a criminal record that will follow you for the rest of your life. Many individuals who are convicted of extortion are required to register with law enforcement anytime they relocate, which can cause trust issues within an individual’s community, trouble finding a job, or even finding a place to live.
Proven Strategies For Success
No two cases are exactly alike, and no two defense strategies should be either. Your Minnesota criminal defense attorney must be willing to gather all the facts and build your defense accordingly. Jennifer Speas will evaluate your case, treat you with compassion, and provide you with a defense strategy that you can trust. At Speas Law Firm, PA, you can expect the following:
- The necessary time will be spent to guide you through every step of the legal process.
- Any questions or concerns will be properly addressed to ensure that your case is handled diligently
- Investigators may be secured so that government witnesses can be impeached if aspects of their statements have been exaggerated
- Contact will be established with the U.S. Attorney assigned to your case to find out if the charges can be dismissed
- All facts and information pertaining to your case will be gathered to build the most effective defense
- Every lead will be followed in order to uncover any inconsistencies, untruths, as well as any other facts that could help settle your case much sooner.
Most importantly, your Minneapolis & St. Paul extortion lawyer must provide you with a defense strategy that is ethical, and one that leads you to the most positive outcome as possible. Even if the accusations against you are correct, it is still possible to avoid the maximum penalties.
Contact A Minneapolis Extortion Lawyer
Financial crimes such as extortion are taken very seriously by the legal system and are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If you have been charged with committing extortion, securing a knowledgeable Minnesota defense attorney as soon as possible can help you achieve a positive result and protect your future. To learn more about how the Speas Law Firm, PA can help, please call today at 612-333-6160 for a FREE CONSULTATION.